Saturday, October 16, 2010

Well, that was kinda stupid

So, I am usually a pretty smart cookie. I am intelligent, educated, intuitive, learned person. Most of the time. About a month ago, I started my Humira injections. And I incorrectly placed and injected one of my vials. Umm, that was an $871.00 mistake. The auto-injector is different from Enbrel (which is idiot proof, as it turns out, since I didn't have a misfire in 15 months of weekly injections).

So I used the 2nd injector of my 1 month supply and thought I would deal with it later. And "later" never came. And it was a sad Thursday before Thanksgiving almost 4 weeks later, when I was in so much pain at work at 5:30 pm which prompted me to call my pharmacy and renew my prescription.

I am working now, and much busier. If all my family members show up where they are supposed to, when they are supposed to and everyone is fed, I am considering that a successful week. But I can't recall a time when I was too busy to take care of my health. I could have called the drug company and asked for another dose. I could have called my benefits provider. I could have done something. But it wasn't until the pain kicked in that I actually did something. I'm still not sure what to think about that, it's just so not me.

On a side note, the week after my first Humira injection I felt like a rock star - I'm looking forward to what the next couple of months have to bring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the metho fails me this time, they want me on of the injectables. I don't have a problem with the injection. More of a problem with the cost. If it still requires too much out of pocket, I wont' do it. I wish I could but it would put in a car on the street rather than a home. I hope yours will continue to make you feel like a rock star!! Tammy